Tuesday, September 8, 2009





I bought this record on a whim at TD's the other day. Other than the content of the record, all I know of Homecomings is that it is "the work of local soundsmith Mike Dixon (Prayer Breakfast/Repseki/Rapider than Horsepower)" and "the sound is reminiscent of camping in brown county". The latter is what convinced me to buy the self-titled lp.
I'm on my 5th or 6th time through the record and I think it's some of the better local(ish) music I've ever heard and certainly one of the best album to come out of any local scene I am a part of. It's exciting and inspiring to hear people who are around making music to this kind of calibur.
Definitely, if you have the chance to pick up a Homecomings record, do it.
(this album, along with a few more that I'm specifically psyched on are in the process of having more formal reviews written about them, which will show up sometime on the community blog Summer Teen Diary).

No comments: